Need to find common issues by client

Josh Pearson April 23, 2012

Good afternoon -

I have a query question, perhaps one of fine folks could assist.

We use Jira as an organization to track all issues, across the board. After a couple of months using it, I would like to generate a list of common issues by client.

For example, let's say that Client A had a file that failed within our Application, this happened 4 times over the past month and an issue was opened up for each occurence.

What I would like is to be able to list those issues quantitatively.

So, the query would return the following:

Client A - Bad File - 4

Where "Client A" represents the client, "Failed File" represents the issue type, and "4" represents the number of tickets opened under that issue type.

I know there should be a simple Jira-SQL answer to this but I am not familiar enough with the format of their language to intuit what I need to do.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2012

There isn't really a "count" function, but

It does depend on how exactly you are trapping the information (exactly what data is going into what field), but it sounds like you could do this in either simple or advanced (JQL) filters. You filter for "issuetype = bad-file and client = A and created > -1m" (that assumes client is select list of some sort, but you could be using reporter, component, etc).

You can then display information on filter summaries on your dashboard with "filter statistics". In fact, it might be more useful to drop the "client" clause in this case, and then you can tell the filter statistics to summarise by "client" and it will tell you things like "client A had 4 issues, client B had 6 and client C had 1"

Josh Pearson April 23, 2012

Awesome! I'm going to dig in and see if I can get this to work!

Thanks,

Josh

Suggest an answer