Need to export project fields from JIRA to excel

Maha linga July 28, 2013

Hi,

I have created few custom fields for project at project level using Profields addon. Now i need to download all the fields that i have created at project level into an excel. Can some one help me on this....

Regards,

Maha

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 7, 2019

Profields doesn't offer a direct export feature, but this is still requested by users. The Profields managed custom fields can now be exported to Excel using the new integration between Better Excel Exporter and Profields. The method to collect the right issues in Issue Navigator is exactly how nic described above or similarly, you can create a dedicated issue type (like "Project details") and filter the JQL to that issue type only. This way you get a list of projects in the Issue Navigator that you can export to Excel like this:

jira-profields-project-export.png

Or even use the Profields custom fields to automatically build project reports:

jira-profields-report.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2013

Um, you can't really do it. Pro fields provide project fields. Excel exports are of issues and their fields.

I don't have an installation of Profields to hand, but I know it doesn't do a direct export yet (i.e. list of projects plus all their fields). What you could try is defining a filter that exposes one issue in each project, and then export that - I know the Profields can flow down on to issues, and hopefully that would let them come out in a list of issues.

Maha linga July 28, 2013

Thanks Nic.... Let me try it out...

Suggest an answer