Need to export Epics with their Stories and Risk Assessments in pdf

Jose M Gonzalez May 9, 2022

I have a JIRA project which I need to produce a report which lists all Epics with their User Stories and each User Story must have all fields filled to include each Risk Assessment. Is this possible? How?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2022

Hi @Jose M Gonzalez

I'd have to understand your exact use case and requirements a little better, but I think this could work quite elegantly with the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and (in many cases) inline-editing all your issue fields. It also supports issue hierarchies, meaning that you can show epics together with their stories in just one click.

Assuming that all your risk assessment information is available as issue fields, you could easily generate a view like this:

hierarchy.gif

Note that you can freely chose the fields to be shown, along with their order. You can then export your view to Excel with one more click, and export to PDF from there.

Again, I'm not sure if this is quite the right tool for your problem, but it might be worth a try. (You can trial any app in the Atlassian Marketplace for free for 1 months.)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes | https://jxl.app   

0 votes
Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 9, 2022

Hi Jose,

What risk management application are you using?

kind regards,
Craig

Jose M Gonzalez May 10, 2022

Hi Craig.

We are using JIRA for Risk Assessment of each User Story in JIRA.

Is it possible to print out a report from JIRA to include all approved User Stories and their respective Risk Assessments?

If not, our QA is requesting me to fill out the FRM-8621 to have the Risk Assessment approved in our PLM system. This will be duplicate work!

Thanks,

Jose

Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
May 10, 2022

Hi Jose,

There are certain commercial tools available on the marketplace that help you perform exports. If you don't want to purchase something, I'd recommend you use advanced searching to create a filter that has the information you want, and then export that information to Excel using the export button that appears on filters.

kind regards,

Craig

Suggest an answer