Need to create a workflow in which issue should be treated by number of teams and also each teams should be differentiated.

rTrack Support May 31, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow for a project in which the workflow should contain only 10 status and it should go through number of teams (example: 5).

I am trying to differentiate each team by a custom field "TEAM" with values "L1","L2","L3" etc.

When the custom field value is changed to L1, only L1 team should be able to transit the issue. Once & when L1 team allocates the issue to L2, the custom field value will be changed to L2 and only L2 team should work on the issue.

Is it possible to do this without the help of plugins? If yes, guide me how to do that.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

I don't believe so, but you can with the jira-suite-utilities pluglin, which is free and supported. I would do it with by using roles for each team and putting a condition on the transitions that checks the TEAM field and the role the user is in.

Yes Joe, We have installed suite-utilities already.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

Look at the conditions in the workflows - do you have the "User Is In Group Custom Field" condition? 

Yes, I have.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2016

Ok, great, use that, and point it at your "TEAM" field.

Di I need to add my group name as values for the custom field "TEAM"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2016

Yes, use the same names

Suggest an answer