• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Need to create a workflow in which issue should be treated by number of teams and also each teams should be differentiated.

Need to create a workflow in which issue should be treated by number of teams and also each teams should be differentiated.

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow for a project in which the workflow should contain only 10 status and it should go through number of teams (example: 5).

I am trying to differentiate each team by a custom field "TEAM" with values "L1","L2","L3" etc.

When the custom field value is changed to L1, only L1 team should be able to transit the issue. Once & when L1 team allocates the issue to L2, the custom field value will be changed to L2 and only L2 team should work on the issue.

Is it possible to do this without the help of plugins? If yes, guide me how to do that.

2 answers

0 votes

Look at the conditions in the workflows - do you have the "User Is In Group Custom Field" condition? 

Ok, great, use that, and point it at your "TEAM" field.

Di I need to add my group name as values for the custom field "TEAM"?

Yes, use the same names

0 votes
Joseph Pitt Community Champion May 31, 2016

I don't believe so, but you can with the jira-suite-utilities pluglin, which is free and supported. I would do it with by using roles for each team and putting a condition on the transitions that checks the TEAM field and the role the user is in.

Yes Joe, We have installed suite-utilities already.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,372 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you