Need to cascade between two custom fields

Nandeesh M S December 2, 2015

Hi,

Here is my detailed requirement,

I have two custom field namely

1."RYG" with dropdown values Red, Yellow, Green.

2. "Overall Status"

Now if i select Red in "RYG" custom field Action Required value should appear in "Overall Status" custom field.

Same way if i select Yellow -> Monitor and if i select Green -> On Track values should appear.

Is there any way way/scripts to achieve this. If you any scripts please share.

JIRA version 6.3.15

Thanks in Advance,

Nandeesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

Hi Nandeesh,

you can use a behaviour for this purpose.Please install ScriptRunner for JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/server/overview) and setup the following behaviour  on RYG custom field :

FormField ryg = getFieldByName("RYG")
FormField overallStatus = getFieldByName("Overall Status")
def rygValue = ryg.getValue()
if(rygValue!=null){
	if(rygValue.equals("Red")){
   		overallStatus.setFormValue("Action Required")
	} else if(rygValue.equals("Yellow")) {
   		overallStatus.setFormValue("Monitor")
	} else if(rygValue.equals("Green")) {
   		overallStatus.setFormValue("On Track")
	}
}

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Nandeesh M S December 2, 2015

Hi Fabio, Kudos to you. it worked perfectly. Many thanks for your kindly help :) Thanks, Nandeesh

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

You're welcome :)

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2018

HI @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_

We are looking for below requirement and i started searching around but this will not be possible with inbuilt Jira functionalities like cascading and all..

I am thinking of using the script we can do this but for maintaining the script and adding a new option into it will be like hell...

And each field contains more than 100+ options...any suggestions will be helpful for us.

• Organization is associated with Component i.e. based on organization the options for Component are loaded.
  • Component is associated with Category i.e. based on Component the options for Category are loaded.
  • Category is associated with the ticket type i.e. based on Category the options for Ticket type are loaded.

Suggest an answer