Need to Remove Email Signature from Customer Notification

Amir Rohani February 9, 2017

Hi,

Can you let me know How to remove Email signature from Customer Email Notification.

Customers receive Email notification when a ticket is created. It also includes Whole Email signature / Images etc..

Please let me know how to strip the Email signature and allow only the Subject and Message in Customer mail notification

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2017

JIRA doesn't add anything to emails like that, it must be your email server adding the signatures.  You'll need to talk to your email admins to get it to stop.

Amir Rohani February 9, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the response. You are correct.

But we need to strip the Signature when we send Email notification to the customer.

With the other ticketing system we use currently we are able to send only Subject and Body Message and strip the signature.

With JIRA , I am looking for similar solution just by editing Custom Notification templates.

Please suggest

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

I don't think you've understood what I said.

JIRA is not responsible for the signatures.  They are being added later.  You need to change the system that is adding the signatures.

Suggest an answer