Need some assistance creating approval notification based on selected fields upon issue creation

Davina Tsosie April 6, 2017

Hello,

I'm setting up a project that will be used for our account creation process. There are several tabs based on what the user is requesting for a new hire. I have custom fields setup for different divisions and tabs for applications requested.

We have many different divisions so when a request is created it will need to go to an approver for the division selected. Same goes for an HR liason for that division. I'd like JIRA to automatically send approval to designated approvers upon issue creation. I'd also like to incorporate approval via email so said approver can reply to the email "approved" and it can transition to the next status. Once approved, I'd like subtasks to be created for selections entered in each tab.

Example. User from Phoenix division enters request also needs Encompass access.

Once issue is created an email is sent to 1. Phoenixapprover 2. PhoenixHR

They reply "approved' and the issue gets transitioned to Approved

What would be the best method for achieving this? I have a list of about 30 divisions and 30 HR personnel for approval.

I'd also like to setup automation for once approval is received sub-tasks will be created for each area of application requested, in this case Encompass. I have Automation for JIRA which I can play with for this but would like to know how to achieve the approval automation process.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Davina

Division.jpgEncompass.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

Do you have any plugins or you interested in buying plugins? This may be difficult without that. 

Out of the box you could use a User Picker to pick the right approver. The user picker can be used on the Project Notification Scheme (for instance, on the Issue Created event) and this would send them a notification.

Davina Tsosie April 7, 2017

I have Automation for JIRA and JMHECloud

Suggest an answer