Need "Issues in Epic" data in the full dump / list view

Deleted user October 5, 2017

Hi,

I want to see the "Issues in Epic" for each epic in the output of my filter. As now, i can select the "linked issues" in the column view but can not select the "Issues in Epic". I dont see this in the full dump either.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Resalath Ahamed

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

If using Jira Cloud: You might be able to use the JQL function parentEpic() to find issues in a given epic.  However this requires you to enter in the issue key of the epic(s) where you want to know all the issues of.  I am afraid that you cannot pass this function a filter.

If using Jira Server:  This parentEpic() function does not exist at this time.  Instead what you could do would be to search JQL via the "Epic Link" custom field

These JQL functions should at least be able to provide the issues in the specific epics.  If you are just wanting to see which issues in your other JQL query are in epics, I'd recommend adding the field "Epic Link" to the column view of the search results.  It will include the epic name for that issue if it is in an epic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events