Need more information on the usage of R4J add on application along with Jira.?

Mohamed Jazeem February 9, 2019

Need more information on the usage of R4J add on application along with Jira.

We are planning to buy the R4J to prepare technical documents like Hardware Compliance Matrix, Business Requirement Documents etc.

I am very new to R4J , But well aware of Jira (we use for bug tracking). Please  shed some light on the usage of this add on app,  if just purchasing R4J will serve our purpose of importing MS excel/word data Or We are required to purchase additional plugs for MS word/excel import/export/?

2 answers

0 votes
Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Mohamed Jazeem

Good news! R4J Cloud has been released last month, November.

If you have questions and are interested in a demo of the Cloud version, please reach out to us through our support portal. We'd be happy to hear any feedback on the application.

Best regards,
Angelica

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello Mohamed,

I check that your question is tagged with the label jira-cloud. Can you confirm if you are using JIRA Cloud itself? 

I ask this question because the Add-on R4J is only for JIRA Server application.

Additionally, you don't need any plugins to import/export word/excel data to JIRA. It can be performed using CSV import/export functionality.

You just need to save your Excel files in CSV format and you will be able to import it just like you want to.

Here is more information about the format of the CSV file:

Importing data from CSV

Let me know if this information helps.

Mohamed Jazeem February 11, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves..Thanks for your reply.

We are using Cloud version of Jira.

What can we use in this case for tracking product hardware requirements

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hello Mohamed,

You can use one of the following Cloud plugins for Product Requirements:

Test Management for JIRA

Xray test Management

Mohamed Jazeem February 11, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves...But these are Test Managment tools right.

We want to track the progress of product hardware requirement compliance.

Do you suggest using Jira itself for doing this through seperate tasks or do you suggest to have confluence?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2019

Hello Mohamed,

The tools I provided can also be applied to Hardware requirement since it has the same Requirements Traceability feature as the R4J add-on.

That been said, I would like to better understand what kind of information and workflows you would need to use to track your hardware requirements. Do you just need to store your hardware information or you need more complex workflows which involves time tracking or any other dependencies on JIRA?

What features do you expect to have in order to manage your Hardware requirements as you need?

We will be waiting for your answer to better understand your environment and provide you with the correct tools/features to perform it.

Suggest an answer