Need information about how to implement issue security with shared access for people from the same company.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

The support.atlassian.com is already using this type of issue security but Atlassian didn't provide any information on how implement something like this.

To be clear, I do know how to configure issue security and share access based on jira groups.

Still the problems is:

#1 How do I auto-assign a user to a permission group, based on his email address domain? I am already sure that this is already implemented on support.atlassian.com and that this is not manual.

Let's say that I do know how to use the rest API from crowd or jira to do this but this there is a big security issue: any user can change his email address and without having to confirm it. This means that even if I implement this script, any malicious user that would change his email to another domain would get access to issues from this domain.

#2 How to implement the special custom field (named Company on support.atlassian.com) that is used to display the permission group membership and also easy the search for issues from the same company.

It would be great if Atlassian could share provide this information with the customers, as this is a basic use-case for using jira for support.

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2013

Sorin, here are some documentations that could help you sort out your doubts (specially the first one):

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer