Need help getting first and last name instead of username in my query.

Chris Martin October 17, 2017

I created a query (pocketQuery) to query our JIRA database, which works fine. But I'm having issues properly gathering first and last name, instead of username's. Can anyone give me a hand with this, or point me in the right direction? I tried joining the cwd_user table without success. 

SELECT
pra.roletypeparameter AS "Member",
pr.name AS "Project Role",
p.pname AS "Project"
FROM
projectroleactor pra
LEFT JOIN projectrole pr ON pra.projectroleid = pr.id
LEFT JOIN project p ON pra.pid = p.id
WHERE p.pname = 'my group name'
OR p.pname = 'my group name'
ORDER BY p.pname;

2 answers

1 vote
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Capture.PNG

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

There is some bug in Atlassian community which restricts me from sending you this reply in text format, sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Chris Martin October 18, 2017

THANKS a lot for the help! I was able to get the information I needed with your feedback. 

One of my big problems was that I don't have access to the database using mysqldeveloper, only PocketQuery. So it's a lot of trail/error and running select * statements to see what fields exist in what table. I've seen some JIRA documentation on the DB schema, but it seems to not include all tables. I'm going to install the trail version locally on my dev workstation. 

Thanks again @MoroSystems Support.. here's my final working query.

SELECT
pra.roletypeparameter "Group",
u.display_name "Name",
pr.name "Project Role",
p.pname "Project"
FROM
projectroleactor pra
LEFT OUTER JOIN projectrole pr ON pra.projectroleid = pr.id
LEFT OUTER JOIN project p ON pra.pid = p.id
LEFT OUTER JOIN cwd_user u ON u.user_name = pra.ROLETYPEPARAMETER
WHERE p.pname = 'my project name here'
ORDER BY p.pname;
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2017

Thanks for sharing your query. I remember once trying to create an SQL query based solely on Jira DB documentation and well... never more. :) 

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2017

Hey CM,

great to see that your problem is solved. (You should probably accept MoroSystems answer to mark it as such)

Just letting you know that we have basically moved our support to our service desk for PocketQuerySo if you have any other problems, please don't hesitate to raise a ticket.

Thank you for using PocketQuery!

Best regards,
Sven (Scandio)

Suggest an answer