Need help for Newly Added field for Issue type.

Kailash Pathak February 8, 2014

Hi,

I want to cutomize Current Issue Type "Story" by adding some new field e.g I have added "Category" field as this is my project requirement.

But the problem is that i am not able to import the data of field "Category" from .csv file. I have given

field.Category= Category in (import.properties) file.

I am using following command:

jira.bat --server https://xxxx.com/jira--user xxxx --password "########" --action runFromCsv --file import.csv --propertyFile import.properties --common --continue

Above command run successfully data of all field upload in JIRA except field "Category".

Version detail is below:

JIRA version : 6.0

JIRA Cli : 3.8.0

Bob : I will be thankfull for your help.

Regards,

-KP

3 answers

0 votes

More detail on Version:

JIRA version : 6.0

JIRA Cli : 3.8.0

Anything else needed to resolve /understand the issue please let me know.

-KP

0 votes

Nic,

Thanks a Lot!

I need one more help from your side. i am not able to import data of "Epic Name" field from .csv file what could be the reason ?

I rename "Epic" with "Epic Name" please see the data of my properties file

field.IssueType = Type
field.Component = Components
field.Project = Project
field.Prioritys = Priority
field.Epic Name = Epic Name
field.Epic Link= Epic Link
field.Labels = Labels

After successfully import i am able to import data of all field except "Epic Name".

What could be the reason?

Please correct me if i am missing any step.

Regards,

KP

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2014

There is a system field that is referred to as Category. Could you try renaming your custom field to something else (just for the import - use something like "category_temp"), as it might be confusing the import.

Thanks Nic..!

So you mean to say i rename category field to some other name e.g "CategoryNew' Is it fine ?

Hopefully it is work?

Thans once again.

Regards,

KP

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2014

Yes, that is what I would test with. You should be able to put the field name back after the import, I just have a suspicion that the import doesn't like "category" for the name

Suggest an answer