Need convert HTMl tag into Wiki Converter

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

Hi,

I had JEditor plugin which is used for Multiple Custom field to support HTML Code. Now i don't want to use this plugin so when i disable this  plugin then all HTML data inserted before converted into HTML tag. 

So i need to convert this HTML data into wiki format. So how do i do this?

Thanks

Sachin

1 answer

0 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

High-level migration plan will be like this:

1. Iterate over all issues in some scope (defined by JQL, for example)

2. Convert custom fields with HTML to markdown using some library (https://bitbucket.org/OverZealous/remark or something similar). 

3. Put new markdown content into some new field with Wiki style renderer https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-renderers-861253418.html?_ga=2.252895114.2057262106.1509345982-971217003.1491992739

4. Hide old html field from all screens.

But you have to create some add-on or groovy script for this. 

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

Hi Domenico,

Thanks for reply.

How do i use the remark library?

Thanks

Sachin

Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

It is Jaba library. So you can do it thru add-on and JIRA API.
One more time - you cannot do it from "vanilla" JIRA. You need to build new add-on or groovy script for this.

Suggest an answer