Need automated workflow transition from status A to another status B whenever comment is added whiel status is B by the reporter only

ashleyg July 8, 2014

Hi

It would be better if i explain you my trouble in a better way.

I configured the listener correctly but i couldn't achieve exactly what i wanted.

Let me explain:-

Let i be admin of my project and i have xyz project in which contributor just has the permission to create issue,comment issue and send attachment.

Now let any contributor say X created test1 issue as reporter.

Now i assigned that to me and status hence changed to In progress. From In progress we have one transition called waiting for customer which i executed.

Now that reporter X can see the issue ( can't see any workflow transitions listed as he doesn't have such permissions) but when he comments on that i want that the status automatically changes from "waiting from customer" to "In Progress" so taht i the assignee need not to manually perform that.But it never happens. In fact adding and configuring the listener doesn't make any difference.

I set the listener as follows:-

Project key:- correct

status id:- that for "waiting for customer"

Action id:- the transition id which takes state from "waiting for customer" to "In progress"

Event Id:- 6 (for issue commented)

Only do when the current user is the reporter? true

Please let me know your suggestions on this as i would be more than happy to get it resolved at the earliest.

Thanks,

Ashley

6 answers

0 votes
ashleyg July 9, 2014

Actually it is working. But the problem is that we have set condition for this transition in the workflow to be executed only by the developer and admin so despite the listener configured unless we add reporter in that condition listener doesn't work. But taht means reporter will also see "In Progress" tab in the issue. So how to prevent that

Don June 21, 2017

Ashley,

Can you help me please.... I am new to service desk and I am trying to do the same thing you mentioned but i am not able to figure it out.

I transition the issue to Waiting on Customer, I want the customer to be able to type in a comment and have it transition back to the Open Status.

thanks

Don

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

What's the listener? You've tagged it as on-demand so I'm really not sure what listener you mean. There is an Atlassian one but I can't find it in marketplace.

0 votes
ashleyg July 8, 2014

Actually we work don't have this facility enabled on our system as we work for client. But i have clearly explained the configuration part as when you configure listener only the ones ilisted above would need to be filled.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

I woulkd just like to get this issue resolved somehow.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

can you attach a screenshot of where these parameters you mention are configured

0 votes
ashleyg July 8, 2014

Can somebody please help me to achieve this

0 votes
ashleyg July 8, 2014

Need automated workflow transition from status A to another status B whenever comment is added while status is A by the reporter only

Suggest an answer