Need assistance in several Jira configuration aspects

isichenkot March 16, 2015

Hello,

I need some assistance from your side. I have several questions:

1. Is any chance/possibilities to export data from the TFS to Jira?
  2. How can I make the report which could show How long does a ticket is in a certain status before it is closed or resolved? (for example issue AA-1 was 2h and 17 minutes at "Waiting for customer" status and 3h and 45 minutes at "Waiting for support" status).
  3. Could we create auto-response for issues which was created not in business time (for example customer sent email to the email handler's adress on Saturday but we start working only on Monday. And once the ticket was created he got the email response that everything is ok, issue was created but support department start work only on Monday)?
  4. Does JIRA have limits by size of attachments? If yes, what's that?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Isichenko Taras

1 answer

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2015

Hi Isichenko,

Let me try to answer your questions:

1. Is any chance/possibilities to export data from the TFS to Jira?

I believe the following answer can help: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/113598/how-do-i-migrate-my-data-from-tfs-to-jira-on-demand

2. How can I make the report which could show How long does a ticket is in a certain status before it is closed or resolved? (for example issue AA-1 was 2h and 17 minutes at "Waiting for customer" status and 3h and 45 minutes at "Waiting for support" status).

Unfortunately that kind of report is not available in Cloud. There's an add-on called JIRA Suite Utilities that adds a 'Transitions' tab to the default View Issue page. This tab provides a detailed history of the workflow transitions for the issue, but you need to access each issue to be able to view this information. Please see JIRA Suite Utilities Issue Transitions Tab for more details about this.

3. Could we create auto-response for issues which was created not in business time (for example customer sent email to the email handler's address on Saturday but we start working only on Monday. And once the ticket was created he got the email response that everything is ok, issue was created but support department start work only on Monday)?

Unfortunately, no. JIRA doesn't have any features like that by default. It would be necessary to customize your JIRA in order to achieve that, and that is a restricted function in Cloud.

4. Does JIRA have limits by size of attachments? If yes, what's that?

You can change the maximum attachment size according to your needs. Please see Configuring File Attachments for more details about this.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Clarissa.

Suggest an answer