Need add a new column/field in the create User screen ?

Sakthi Balaji December 16, 2013

Hi All,

i got a requirement from my boss to add a new field to list the users in the JIRA. We need to sort the users based on the criteria.

So while adding a new user i need to choose whether the user is Onsite employee / offshore employee.

Can anyone suggest me how to do it.?

Is it possible to have a new field in the add/edit user screen.?

Thanks,

Sakthi.

3 answers

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

You can add User properties for this . however by default there is not much use of these properties as only administrators can view these properties . But you can develop a plugin which can give you list of users based on the property . You can contact your nearest Atlassian Expert who can help you with the plugin development .

0 votes
Sakthi Balaji December 17, 2013

Guys thanks for your replies,

Can we restrict the mail sending based on the propety which we set for the User?

Requirement is we should not send mail to the onsite users.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi,

I think that add new field to add/edit user screen is impossible?, but you can add property to user

see this link Adding a property to a user

Key "user site" and value "onsite" or "offshore".

Suggest an answer