Need a method for changing user name when LDAP network ID changes for a user

Dana Frost June 12, 2012

We try to avoid this at all cost but at times (when users get married for example) we must change that users network name. We are using CROWD and LDAP to manage users in JIRA.

The problem is, if that user's LDAP login name is changed, CROWD will treat them like a brand new user and they lose the history of all JIRA work from the old users name.

We are in desperate need of an administration procedure to fix this name change from the JIRA issues database. This issue must come up for other customers and we need to document a procedure to handle this situation as best we can. We also have an identical issue with Confluence but for now, I am focusing on fixing the JIRA issue.

2 answers

0 votes
George Baier IV November 22, 2015

I'm having the same issue with Confluence. Reassigning job tickets in JIRA is one thing, but transferring ownership of pages, watches, favorites, etc etc for Confluence doesn't seem feasible.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2012
Hi,

we have this problem also from time to time. We handle this, as if there is a new user, We disable the old user, assign all open issues to the new one, and change the reporter field on open issues to the new one.

If you get a better procedure, I will be thankful too :-)

Best regards

Thomas

Suggest an answer