Need Help on JIRA as Test case Management.

Kailash Pathak February 10, 2014

Hi,

I am using JIRA as Test case management tool in my current project by using JiraCli to import the data into JIRA from .csv file.

After Importing Test case i run all my Test case in JIRA till end.

My problem:

When any Test case Fail i want on click on "Fail" Bug screen should be open. Currently i have to open new screen (Bug) in different Tab or Window.

Help will be Appreciated!

Regards,

Kailash

5 answers

1 vote
Roine Lindvall February 11, 2014

You just add a Screen in JIRA (as an administrator). In the screen, add the fields you want to have there. Then, when editing the transition, you select the screen in the drop-down.

1 vote
Roine Lindvall February 10, 2014

Edit the workflow for Test cases in your project, edit the transition "Fail" by adding a transition screen.

0 votes
Kailash Pathak February 11, 2014

Thanks Roine,

So you mean to say we can design transition screen on our own with fields that required in that screen.

Some more information if you can provide will be helpful for us during designing the transition screen on "Fail" step in my Test case.

As Step Test case "Fail" i needed following Field in New Screen ::

-Bug Summary
-Priority
-Components
-Affects Versions
-Fix Versions
-Assignee
-Reporter
-Description
-Browse option (For Attachment)

I hope i can design transition screen with above field ?

Thanks a Lot for your help

Regards,

KP

0 votes

Roine,

Any Update ?

I need this in high priority.

Please help

-KP

0 votes

Thanks a Lot Roine!

Is JIRA Admin Guy Can do this task (Transition screen) ?

Actually i have to give the step to my JIRA Admin Guy for this. It will be appreciative if you help me by providing some Steps for designing transition screen so that I can provide these step to my JIRA Admin Guy.

Thanks In Advanced !

-KP

Suggest an answer