Need Help Setting Up Post Function Using the "Jira Misc Workflow" Plugin

rebecca.odette June 26, 2012

We are using Jira on demand and the Jira Misc Workflow plugin is enabled. I want to add a post condition to our workflow for Transitioning Parent Issue when subtasks are updated, but I don't see that option when viewing the workflow post conditions options. How do I add this into our workflow? I looked at the documentation at the link below, but it didn't help me figure out how to do what I needed because I need more info where I even start. Here's the link I looked at: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JMWE/JIRA+Misc+Workflow+Extensions+Documentation#JIRAMiscWorkflowExtensionsDocumentation-Installation.

Thanks for the help!

3 answers

0 votes
rebecca.odette November 7, 2012

Thank you Justin and John. I have confirmed that the plugin is enabled in the admin tools, and that 21 our of 21 modules are enabled.

John - Are the steps you are describing for Jira OnDemand or if you host your own instance of Jira? I'm unfamiliar with the directories you are mentioning. Our company used Jira OnDemand.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2012

Hi Rebecca,

Kindly ensure the plugin is compatible with your Jira instance. Next, please try the following steps:

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  3. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  4. Delete the contents of JIRA Installation Directory\work directory
  5. Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\changes directory
  6. Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments directory
  7. Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities directory
  8. Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues directory
  9. Restart JIRA instance
  10. Perform re-indexing

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

John

0 votes
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

Hi Rebecca,

Can you ensure that the plugin has been enabled via the Manage Plugins page? Once this plugin has been enabled, you can then view the post function in the list of post functions. :)

Suggest an answer