Need Help Crafting Javascript

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

My goal:

Copy the value of aggregate original estimate to a custom field at a specific place in the workflow. My intention is to use groovyrunner plugin's "Script Post Function" ability to obtain and copy the value into my custom field called Locked Estimate (cf[10214]). Looking at the API at http://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/latest/, I see this is how I obtain aggregate original estimate:

http://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/latest/com/atlassian/jira/issue/fields/AggregateOriginalEstimateSystemField.html

My question:

I've never written javascript. Will any kind souls feel pity on me to help me craft such a script?

Final Thoughts:

I wish I didn't have to restort to JS to solve this problem, but I found out from Atlassian that getting the data from aggregate original estimate was more involved than a copy from one cell to another via a post function.

In Atlassian's words:

I am sorry but the Original Estimate field does not simply store a numeric value and thus can not be copied out. I would recommend that you just ask your users to enter it twice. If you would like a cleaner solution than you may need a custom plugin to accomplish this. You can look into our API at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/API+Documentation or you can get in touch with an Atlassian Expert: http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts/ that may be able to assist you. Unfortunetly, custom plugins are outside of the Atlassian Support Offerings (http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts/) and we can not assist you with developing this.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

i took a few hours to dust off the programming skills. i'm sorely out of practice, and this undoubtedly could be optimized. nonetheless, it does the trick.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

import com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContextImpl

import com.atlassian.velocity.VelocityManager

import com.atlassian.jira.config.properties.ApplicationPropertiesImpl

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.AggregateOriginalEstimateSystemField

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchProviderFactoryImpl

import com.atlassian.jira.project.DefaultProjectFactory

import com.atlassian.jira.permission.DefaultPermissionContextFactory

import com.atlassian.jira.permission.PermissionTypeManager

import com.atlassian.jira.permission.WorkflowPermissionFactory

import com.atlassian.jira.security.ThreadLocalCachingPermissionManager

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.AggregateTimeTrackingCalculatorFactoryImpl

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.AggregateTimeTrackingBean

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueImplAggregateTimeTrackingCalculator

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.layout.field.DefaultFieldLayoutManager

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.layout.field.FieldLayoutItem

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue

// constructing objects for getting AOE value

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()

JiraAuthenticationContextImpl jac = componentManager.getJiraAuthenticationContext()

AggregateTimeTrackingCalculatorFactoryImpl attcfi =

new AggregateTimeTrackingCalculatorFactoryImpl

(jac,new SearchProviderFactoryImpl(),new ThreadLocalCachingPermissionManager

(new WorkflowPermissionFactory(),componentManager.getPermissionContextFactory(),

componentManager.getProjectFactory()))

IssueImplAggregateTimeTrackingCalculator iiattc = new IssueImplAggregateTimeTrackingCalculator

(jac,componentManager.getPermissionManager())

AggregateTimeTrackingBean bean = iiattc.getAggregates(issue)

AggregateOriginalEstimateSystemField aoesf = new AggregateOriginalEstimateSystemField

(componentManager.getVelocityManager(),componentManager.getApplicationProperties(),

jac,attcfi)

// constructing objects for getting/setting custom field Locked Estimate

CustomFieldImpl lockedEstimate = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().

getCustomFieldObject(10214)

// finally calculating the answer

Long summedEstimate = aoesf.getAggregateDuration(bean)

summedEstimate == null ? summedEstimate = 0 : summedEstimate

lockedEstimate

.updateValue (componentManager.getFieldLayoutManager().getFieldLayout(issue).getFieldLayoutItem(lockedEstimate),

issue,new ModifiedValue(lockedEstimate.getValue(issue),summedEstimate as Double),

new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())

return true

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

You need the com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.AggregateTimeTrackingBean IIRC... I have done this before but can't find sample code. Probably best to look at the jira source.

Suggest an answer