Natural Searchers plugin weird behaviour

Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi guys

I suspect this is related to the stemming issue reported by Bettina, but wondered if there was any update on this:

I have a two dimensional filter with country (using natural text searcher) on one axis, and the other is priority

the labels for country are not shown at all, but the source data is stemmed

When you click through, you can see the stemming is active, as the country field referenced is 'zealand' rather than 'new zealand'

It's exactly the same for exact text searchers, but I don't want to use those due to case sensitivity

Any thoughts on how to resolve this, as I do need a stattable field result, that also displays it's labels appropriately

Cheers

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

I have changed the exact text searcher to be case insensitive.

the latest behaviour can be reviewed here, it is available for jira 6.2.

best regards

&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014
1 vote
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

hi,

be changing the code , we can make a new searcher that is case insensitive : that would be a "exacte text searcher - case insensitive"

what version of jira are you using currently ?

Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

Hi Marc

I'm running 5.2.11 on our live system, and 6.0.8 on our test and development system

I've been looking at your stattable searcher project, which looks pretty good... I'm seeing if I can modify the sources to get it compiling with 5.2.11

0 votes
Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

Ok - have discovered that since I was doing a background reindex, the issue persisted

I switched to the natural searcher (exact) and it returns the correct table and values

However, searching is now case sensitive (which I wanted to avoid!)

Any thoughts on resolving this?

Suggest an answer