Naming Sprint after you finish a whole year in JIRA (Sprint A to Sprint Z)

Hiral Bhargava January 18, 2018

Here is the issue/dilemma I have

We got JIRA license last year and starting naming JIRA sprints as Sprint A, Sprint B... Sprint Z 

Now in 2018, we started new year and new sprints. 

Question - Shall I name the sprints from Sprint A,Sprint B as the reporting will differ the years, so no confusion of Sprint A from last year (2017)

How do you rename your sprints from new year, if you follow this pattern - Sprint A, Sprint B

Thank you all in advance for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

It would make sense not to have 2 Sprint A's or Sprint B's, because when you look at some of the reporting it is going to be extremely confusing. I don't think you can rename sprints once they're closed, so how about for 2018 you use Sprint A 2018 and then next year Sprint A 2019?

Hiral Bhargava January 18, 2018

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the reply. I agree, makes sense to have different names. I believe the place which I have worked before has always been like Sprint A.... to Sprint Z... and that led me to this question. This helps

Suggest an answer