NPE in Gantt Chart Plugin During Any Issue Create

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Doesn't seem to be a way to create an account with or a support ticket for this Gantt chart plugin we've paid for so we're hoping for either a) Contact information or instructions for setting up a support account and/or b) Assistance with this NPE we get every time someone creates a ticket in our system:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at de.polscheit.jira.plugins.common.Utils.createChangeGroup(Utils.java:650)

at de.polscheit.jira.listener.GanttListener.issueCreated(GanttListener.java:403)

at de.polscheit.jira.listener.GanttListener.onIssueEvent(GanttListener.java:288)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1326.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.event.internal.SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.invoke(SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.java:36)

... 215 more

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

Hi HomeAway,

please click on menu item "support request" of (?)-Gantt Menu at the top right of a Gantt diagram to send an email to my JIRA: an account will be created for you automatically. Within that support email, additional necessary information are fill out automatically like used version etc.

You can download my latest pre-v3.1.5 from my server at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-3.1.5-JIRA6.jar and install the JAR-file using JIRA’s „upload“ button on page „manage add-ons“ as system-administrator. Do you get such error using my 3.1.5 as well (please attach log excerpt)?

Kind regards,
Frank

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2014

Hey Frank! Awesome response time! Thank you sir! Will do.

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2014

Frank - we are still seeing NPE after upgrade to 3.1.5 though slightly different. We have no way of logging into your jira support site. Can you confirm you are receiving updates to GANTT-126 please?

Suggest an answer