NIC - Workflow - Status bypass

Mark Gordon October 20, 2014

Atlassian,

We have a workflow that has many ALLL transitions. The last status box is Closed. We want to keep everything like it is but NOT let someone jump for a closed status back to something with ALL.

Is there any way to put an "exception" to the Statuss that permet ALL?

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Mark Gordon October 20, 2014

Nic,

Thanks. I put Nic hoping that you would be the one who would answer for us since you have been a great help in the past.

Now for the bypass. We have too many status's to map every status back and forth across the workflow - it would be totlally unreadable. Our workflow is "almost" not a workflow but just a bunch of status's. 90% of our status transitions are ALL, except Closed which is the last. If we jump from every single status the permutations would be incredible and unreadable. If there is a CONDITION or something we could put into the ALL transitions, that would let us do this. For example,  if the status was NOT Closed, permit to do the transition. If we could do this, it would work I think.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2014

You could try to write a condition that looks at the current status. That would do it. I'm not aware of a plugin that provides one - most people do it with non-global transitions

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2014

Why do you keep saying  NIC on your questions?

If you want a workflow that doesn't do "all" then remove it and add the transitions you actually need.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2014

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I see that you need to have a special tag/topic smile . @Mark Gordon.. If you don't like writing a condition like Nic suggested you may try to find a JavaScript solution that will hide the transition button (or show it) if current user is not allowed/allowed to execute it.

Suggest an answer