Mysql data and xml backup file size got reduced in jira

jayasingh May 5, 2014

Hi,

We are using jira6.1.7. we are taking a daily backup of mysql data and xml file. But when we check the old data the sql file got reduced from 520mb to 350 mb and xml file from 110mb to 70 mb.

We haven't deleted any projects or issues. In log also we are not getting anything.

Please let me know the reason for the sudden reduction on mysql and xml backup

Thanks,

Jayasingh

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

There's no way of knowing really - we don't know your data, we don't know what you've changed. We don't know if you've got plugins or code changes that might be affecting this.

I'd start with a comparison of the two backups - restore both of them into dev systems and check the system-info page as a starter. Especially the "issue count". The symptoms you describe really are screaming "someone deleted a huge project that most people couldn't see because of its permissions", if I've understood them correctly. The system info page will tell admins a full count, even if the permissions say they can't see the issues.

I'd also look for change requests scheduled on the day the size of the backup/export changed.

Suggest an answer