Mysql JDBC connector jar file moved?

Alicia Pena August 11, 2015

I seem to recall in JIRA release notes that they moved the location of mysql jdbc connector jar file from JIRA_INST to JIRA_HOME.  I think it said they moved the setenv.sh file also.  Both can still run from the INST directory but if they are moved the JIRA_HOME they won't be deleted with each upgrade.  If you use the installers this is probably done for you.  But I install manually and I can't seem to find that information now.  Can anyone point me to a link where it indicates which files can be moved from INST to HOME to avoid having them clobbered with upgrades?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

I seem to recall in JIRA release notes that they moved the location of mysql jdbc connector jar file from JIRA_INST to JIRA_HOME.

AFAIK, this never happens. But yea, if you are doing a manual install, you'll have to reapply all changes including the database drivers.

Alicia Pena August 12, 2015

Yes, I know, I have a script that reapplies our custom changes and installs the database driver.  But I'm sure I saw something that showed a specific HOME directory where you can put the database driver and an env file permanently.  Just wish I could find that information now.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

If you ever find it, fee free to put it back here for reference ;)

Alicia Pena August 12, 2015

Aha I found it. But I was mistaken about it being Jira. It was for Stash installations. They moved the jdbc connector jar and the server.xml files to Home from INST in version 3.8. I wish the other Atlassian tools would catch on to this. Less intervention during upgrades. Release Directory Stash 3.7 and earlier <Stash installation directory>/conf/server.xml Stash 3.8 and later <Stash home directory>/shared/server.xml Alicia

Suggest an answer