Mylyn JIRA connector - loss of estimate values

Thomas Renner November 25, 2012

Hello everbody,

some problems with the JIRA time tracking occur while working with the JIRA connector for mylyn. I just want to use the plugin to make some comments and change the status. But the plugin acts the following way:

- When i change the status of an issue, description or just press the submit button without any changes the estimated time will set to the remaining time!

- But when i just add a comment or switch between start and stop progress the effect does not occur and the estimated time will not set to the remaining time.

Can someone explain this weird behaivor to me? Otherwise i can't use mylyn because i will lose estimations.

Or does someone know a way to disable the posibility that mylyn can change time tracking values?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Renner November 29, 2012

Hi Jacek,

I'm using Atlassian Connector for Eclipse v 3.0.6 and our JIRA Version is 5.0.6.

The failure of "estimated time to the remaining time" is also performed on JIRA and Eclipse side.In both cases i describe in the first comment i never touch the estimate or remaining field in eclipse.

Maybe we have luck and the Issue will be fixed if you change to the REST api.

Bye,

Thomas

Thomas Renner December 16, 2012
1 vote
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Hi Thomas,

What version of the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse do you use? What is your JIRA version?

In the first case (issue status, description change, etc.) Connector performs an issue update. Something wrong happens if estimated time is updated on the JIRA side while not changed on the Eclipse side.

In the second case (comment, start/stop progress) Connector does not perform an issue update but just calls single "comment", "start progress", etc. This is why it does not touch your time tracking.

The estimate should not be changed on the issue update even in the first case unless you change it in the Issue editor explicitly. In that case it changes both estimate and remaining estimate. Isn't that your case?

We are working on switching Atlassian Connector to REST API which is more predictable and easy to control. It should solve many issues related to issue update and custom fields. It should be released within couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer