MySQLSyntaxErrorException in DVCS connector after upgrading Jira to 6.1

Maxime Lemanissier January 13, 2014

Hi,

I've just upgraded Jira from 5.1.5 to 6.1.5, and I'm now facing many exceptions related to database and DVCS connector plugin.

When I open an issue in an Agile board, it requires much time to display details (~5-10 seconds), mysqld process is eating much CPU, and I get this exception in Jira log

[rapid.issue.thirdpartytabs.ThirdPartyTabModelFactory] Unable to load third party tab for com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bitbucket-connector-plugin:dvcs-commits-greenhopper-tab
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'is not null and `ISSUE_KEY` is not null order by `RAW_NODE`, `NODE`, `ID` ASC' at line 1 at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.activeobjects.v3.To_12_SplitUpChangesetsMigrator.upgrade(To_12_SplitUpChangesetsMigrator.java:360)

I also get the same exception in admin page addons/manage DVCS account.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/217745/support-for-dvcs-connector-on-jira-6-1is saying that we can use DVCS integration without the need of the DVCS connector plugin. Should I uninstall DVCS connector plugin?

I'm using the version 1.4.2.12 of the DVCS connector. The latest one seems to be 1.4.3, and it includes a fix for "migration for MySQL" which could fit to my problem.
But Jira add-on manager does not allow me to do this upgrade (and actually, DVCS connector has now migrated to "system plugin", not in "user-installed" anymore).
Should I do a manual upgrade to 1.4.3 ?
Thanks for your help,
Maxime

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Hi Maxime,

We saw some issues with DVCS plugin after upgrade in the past and for most cases the instructions of this KB solves the issue. As for version 1.4.3, you can safely upload the new version as in this page.

Cheers

Maxime Lemanissier January 13, 2014

Hi Tiago,

I've deleted the DB tables used by the plugin, this has fixed the problem but also deleted my DVCS account in Jira.

Unfortunately, I was then unable to recreate this account, possibly because of the issue described in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/220514/unable-to-connect-github-organization-to-jira-using-dvcs-connector

As this problem is also fixed in version 1.4.3 of the plugin, I applied the second option you provided and run an manual upload of the version 1.4.3 of the plugin. I can now successfully recreate the DVCS account in Jira, and there is no more exceptions, so my problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks for your help.

BTW, I think Jira should ASAP bundle version 1.4.3 of the DVCS connector plugin.

Suggest an answer