MySQL to MS SQL XML Overwrites dbconfig.xml

lethalMango October 9, 2013

I am currently going from an evaluation copy of Jira 6.1 on a linux server to an evaluation copy of Jira 6.1 on a windows based server.

I have exported the XML from the linux server which is using MySQL and importing that following the guide into the new install which is using a named instance of MS SQL.

However, every time I import the database connection changes to HSQL even though I built the correct dbconfig.xml before importing.

Why is the database not using MS SQL as it should be and using HSQL instead? After checking the dbconfig.xml after import the original settings setup for MS SQL have been overwritten.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lethalMango October 15, 2013

Finally got this resolved after a bit of playing.

It appears that there is no direct MySQL -> MSSQL migration. How I got round that was by exporting all the data (using the Admin tools) from MySQL. Importing for a first time which turned that into HSQL, reexporting the data again (so now a HSQL export), then reimporting for a second time which successfully moved to MS SQL.

Not sure if this is an oversight on the software side of things, or whether this is intended / a limitation workaround.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Hey there,

I'd suggest that you use JIRA configuration tool to point JIRA to your MSSQL database, restart JIRA and at the link that says "import your data", restore your XML backup.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer