I am currently going from an evaluation copy of Jira 6.1 on a linux server to an evaluation copy of Jira 6.1 on a windows based server.
I have exported the XML from the linux server which is using MySQL and importing that following the guide into the new install which is using a named instance of MS SQL.
However, every time I import the database connection changes to HSQL even though I built the correct dbconfig.xml before importing.
Why is the database not using MS SQL as it should be and using HSQL instead? After checking the dbconfig.xml after import the original settings setup for MS SQL have been overwritten.
Finally got this resolved after a bit of playing.
It appears that there is no direct MySQL -> MSSQL migration. How I got round that was by exporting all the data (using the Admin tools) from MySQL. Importing for a first time which turned that into HSQL, reexporting the data again (so now a HSQL export), then reimporting for a second time which successfully moved to MS SQL.
Not sure if this is an oversight on the software side of things, or whether this is intended / a limitation workaround.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG