MySQL edit causes filter to not update

Deleted user September 9, 2013

We were looking at a way of bulk closing a large number (1000+) issues via MySQL (changing the issuestatus etc), the issue itself updated fine but when we do a filter or a search for the issue then it hasn't updated.

We have now changed all the colums in the jiraissue table back to their original, but now if I change anything in the issue itself, the filter doesn't reflect the changes (such as changing the assignee, the status, etc etc)

Is there anyway I can completely remove the issue from the system (as it's only a test issue) I tried removing the row from Mysql (jiraissue table) but it removes the issue, but it still shows in the filters and searches.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

i suggest do the all operations through the UI.

try by reindex the instance!!

i think this should help!!

Deleted user September 9, 2013

That makes sense, do you know how long (roughly) an index takes to run? I'm guessing it will take JIRA out of action?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2013

You should NOT update a Jira instance with SQL unless it is offline, backed up, and you re-index it afterwards (for most changes, some don't need indexing).

Indexing is proportional to the number of issues you have, but strongly influenced by the hardware/resources available as well. A few thousand issues will take a few minutes, but hundreds of thousands is a significant outage. Very broadly, estimate 2000 issues a minute, but that is REALLY rough.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events