My users keep recieving spam e-mails from JIRA

Intern IT December 19, 2016

Hi,

How can i prevent e-mails from JIRA being reported as spam. It has come so far that e-mails registering spam, are being registred as spam. If you can access our JIRA Service desk Portal, please have a look at the assigned tickets to user chrimeyer - IT-11193 / IT-11192 / just to name a few.

Regards

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2016

We're not support and have no access to your system.

There is nothing that can be done on the JIRA side though.  Your spam filters are picking up the emails and flagging them incorrectly.  They need to be trained not to, probably by an email administrator.

0 votes
Intern IT December 21, 2016

Hi,

I have discussed this with our e-mail administrator and

The next steps are to speak with Atlassian …

1. … and specifically asking them what to include in ISS DK SPF records.
  2. … missing SPF records on Atlasian’s side are also an issue

What can we include in our SPF records to ensure that e-mails from issdanmark.atlassian.net are being signed as trusted?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

I'm afraid I can't help you with that, it's all email administrator level stuff, and I only know the basics.

It's up to your admins to tell Atlassian what they think they want to change, but I suspect it won't happen, as I'm pretty sure it will need code change, which Atlassian won't do on Cloud.

Intern IT December 22, 2016

So in short, Atlassian does not know what IP adresses "their" e-mail's are being sent from?

Like Juergen likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2016

No.  That's projecting your use-case on to other people.

The problem is that you have some unusual email requirements on your servers that most people simply don't have and don't care about.  Atlassian have not bothered to code for your particular case, because of the lack of interest that the vast majority of users have.

Suggest an answer