My user can be a system-administrator?

italopessoa June 27, 2013

How can I add my user (Jira Administrator) to the system-administrator group?

I'm testing the Jira and want to make a backup and restore.

Thank you.

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2013

If you are using OnDemand, then you can not.

Standalone, the default user you create during installation has full rights.

If you didn't set it up, then you'll need to get the administrator to add you to the system admin group

italopessoa June 27, 2013

Then using OnDemand I just can make the backup at the xml files?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2013

Just a side note. You can make a backup once every 48 hours. Yes. Once every 48 damn hours and the backup is deleted at every damn 24 hours (i think). So yea..

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2013

This information is not entirely correct. It is true you can only create backups once every 48 hours. On top of that, Atlassian also automatically creates backups every 24 hours of your instance for emergency recoveries. Backups you create are not being removed after 48 hours, rather they get overwritten once you create a new backup. At all times can you download your manual created backups from your webdav folder to store locally. If for some reason you require to make another backup within 48 hours, you can contact Atlassian support, and we are more than willingly to assist you in this matter.

italopessoa July 2, 2013

I'm not getting restore the backup

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2013

What does that mean? You've not got the data? You are struggling to import it? What are you doing, and what docs are you reading?

italopessoa July 2, 2013

I create a backup "JIRA-backup-20130703.zip"
But when I click on Jira Import | Next, I get the message

"You don't have any valid JIRA Export on the root WebDAV directory. Please upload some and try again."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2013

Wait, what? You're trying to import the backup you've just taken? I don't understand what you think you're doing here.

I need to go back to the begininng. Are you trying to get data OUT of OnDemand, OR are you trying to get data IN to OnDemand?

italopessoa July 3, 2013

Get data IN to OnDemand.
I'm exploring the functionalities of the tool.
And I want to know how make e restore a backup, if some day I need to do that.

did you understand?

italopessoa July 3, 2013

ok, I'll read.

I'm exporting to have data to import after

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2013

I don't understand why you're exporting if you want to import.

For importing data into OnDemand, start by reading https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Data

0 votes
italopessoa July 14, 2013

I'm without time to find now, but I believe that with the comments I'll get.

0 votes
italopessoa July 2, 2013

And if I need to stop the use of Jira, I'll lose my data?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2013

No, you can export it, as above.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2013

Yes. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues with the limit Timothy mentions

Suggest an answer