• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • My trial license expires in 2 days. There will be a gap of 15 days till I purchase Jira server. How can I export the backup from expired server into the newly purchased server

My trial license expires in 2 days. There will be a gap of 15 days till I purchase Jira server. How can I export the backup from expired server into the newly purchased server

Veeralakshmi Jeyavelu June 30, 2016

Hi

My trial license expires in 2 days. There will be a gap of 15 days till I purchase Jira server. How can I export the backup from expired server into the newly purchased server.

I do not want to use the trail server any more and the configuration will not fit for production version.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

If this is a Cloud system, then 15 days is pushing it - either move up the payment, or use the "backup" option in admin to grab a copy of the system

If it's a Server system (i.e. it's on your own hardware), then actually, you don't need to do anything.  The system will still run without a licence, although you won't be able to do most things, you will be able to back it up, and, when you get your new licence, you can paste that in to re-activate full functionality.  I'd do that, then move it to the new server if you need to.

Suggest an answer