My question it relating to time tracking. Is there a way to create an event receipt to users?

Ethan Forrest September 18, 2017

I would like to set up an event receipt of sorts for users to receive after they log hours into JIRA. I know that you can have receipts set up for issues, etc. 

Any insight or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

The default notification scheme in Jira actually already has an event called "Work Logged on issue".  Every time a user logs work on an issue, it will trigger this event.  By default though, the reporter, current assignee, and the watchers get notified of this event.   If the user logging work is in any of these three categories they should get a notification of the change they made.   Steps on how to check this are in Creating a notification scheme.

Unless of course their user profile is set to not send them email notifications of their own changes to Jira.   This is something that lots of users setup to reduce the clutter in their inbox, but this is one way you could set this up in Jira.  Details on how to do this in your own profile are documented in Managing your user profile.

Suggest an answer