My new user can´t login in Jira On Demand

Luis Valdes August 5, 2014

When i create or invite a new user they can t login. Site ask for a Atlassin ID, but when they create the login failed.

What can i do?... we want to use Jira.

Help please.

2 answers

0 votes
Luis Valdes August 6, 2014
then we need 2 accounts for each new user (1 for my instance and other one for onDemand)?
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2014

When talking about Cloud products (OnDemand products), "instance" and "OnDemand instance" are the same "instance". It means that is an instance on the Cloud, (OnDemand). When you are at yourInstance.atlassian.netthe message prompt at loggin is: "Use your Atlassian OnDemand account" which is the username and password set for that " OnDemand instance". That username and password will not allow you to enter any other Atlassian login screens.

You may have an Atlassian ID that will allow you to login at my.atlassian.com for managing products, sucha as JIRA Cloud, add-ons, etc.

The "OnDemand Instance" is a separate system from all other Atlassian products. Each instance has it's own usernames just like an instance running locally.

So you need only 1 account for your "instance". You, as an administrator of the account, will have 2 accounts (one for yourinstance.atlassian.netand another for my.atlassian.comfor managing and billing purposes)

Hope that explains.

Cheers! :)
Mauro

Luis Valdes August 6, 2014

Thanks... i understand... but, i did create user and they can t login in myinstance.atlassian.net... they are redirected to a login answering for a Atlassian ID.

regards

Luis

PS: Mauro, do you speak spanish?

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2014

Luis,

The best thing then would be to create a Support Request at http://support.atlassian.com so we can take a closer look at the instance.

Please include a screenshot of the login screen you are redirected to with th Url so we can quickly understand and help out.

Cheers :)
Mauro

PD: si, hablo español. Saludos!

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2014

Hi Luis,

Make sure you are trying to login from the instance url (ending in ".atlassian.net"). Ondemand instance usually prompt: "Use your Atlassian OnDemand account"

If the user still experience problems, feel fre to contact Atlassian OnDemand Support at support.atlassian.com with more details about the instance, the user and the error received. We'll be able to take a closer look and help you out :)

Cheers!
Mauro

Suggest an answer