My log is flooded with "Notification exists for uninstalled and unrequested plugin" messages

Todor Kostadinov March 26, 2013

Hi,

My log is flooded with "[notification.rest.representations.NotificationRepresentationFactoryImpl] Notification exists for uninstalled and unrequested plugin: com.almworks.jira.plugin.jiraclient" messages and this makes it very hard to read. The JiraClient plugin is uninstalled and I have tried the solution here, but there was no results from the sql queries

Any ideas how to get rid of these messages?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Hi Todor, have you try doing the plugin cache cleaning like it says in this answer?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/127448/notification-exists-for-uninstalled-and-unrequested-plugin-greenhopper

Yes, I did.

As far I remember I deleted only .osgi-plugins.

I'll try deleting them both again and let you know about the result.

Thank you for your quick answer!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

I found that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27314

It says that it is required to do when a big change it's made. And people request is about having a button to do that.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

You did the 2 folders? I found this:

Please perform the following:

• Shut down JIRA
  • Delete the following hidden plugin cache directories:
    JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins

• Restart JIRA (These directories will be recreated on JIRA reboot with new plugin cache)

I just have found the plugin in /opt/atlassian/jira/temp directory.

Is it safe to delete files in this directory also?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Just in case make a copy of that folder... Usually Jira creates missing folders when is restarted... If that doesn't work you can put the folder again there.

Todor Kostadinov March 31, 2013

Hi,

messages for jiraclient plugin are gone after deleting the both folders

JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins

and the content of /opt/atlassian/jira/temp

directory.

And there are messages about other plugin. I'll digg in that later.

1 vote
Todor Kostadinov April 17, 2013

Now my log is full with same messages, but for other plugins. I really need other way of clear my log, it is very unreadable this way. I delete these folders every week, and nothing happens - the messages are still there.

Suggest an answer