My listener has stopped working

Dinny October 15, 2013

We have configured a Auto Transition Listener in Jira to reopen a closed or resolved issue upon comment. It worked fine before, but in the last few days I have noticed that Issues being commented ar not being reopened.

Do anyone know where I can truobleshoot? In Listeners config it looks fine.

This is my listener setup:

• Action ID 3
  • Event ID 6
  • Only do when current user is in (Multi-) User Picker custom field: false
  • Only do when current user is the Assignee? false
  • Only do when current user is the Reporter? false
  • Only do when current user is the following? false
  • Project Key BO,BPD,WEB,OE,ECOLL,ECOLW,ECOLPO,ECONL,ECOYL,ID,HR,IE,ISS,JS,MAR,PUR,RET
  • Status 5,6

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dinny January 15, 2014

We have upgraded Jira to the latest version and then I deleted the listeners I had created before and put up new ones to test them, and now they WORK :)

I followed this thread and put in the same:

• Action ID 3
  • Action that triggered the IssueUpdated event Commented
  • Event ID 6
  • Project Key KT
  • Status 6

So now our listener looks like this:

• Action ID 3
  • Action that triggered the IssueUpdated event Commented
  • Event ID 6
  • Project Key ID
  • Status 5,6

1 vote
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Which operating system do you have Jira installed in? Are you using an on-demand or downloaded version of Jira?

On our windows machine, the atlassian-jira.log file is located in C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Jira\log.

If you've installed Jira somewhere other than your Program Files directory, you should just search your machine forthe atlassan-jira.log file.

Dinny December 9, 2013

We have it installed in Linux.
But we are going to upgrade to the newest version during the holidays, and hopefully it will just fix itselg ;)

0 votes
Dinny November 3, 2013

Nobody who can tell me where I can find the logs so I can look deeper into this?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

The logs might have some helpful information. Also look at the workflow to see if any new workflow conditions or validators were added which is now preventing the transition.

Dinny October 16, 2013

Where can I find these Logs?

There is no changes made on the workflows.

Suggest an answer