My initiatives are showing up in my portfolio plan under the epic view.

Thuy Van Watts October 26, 2017

I have the initiative-epic hierarchy set up correctly.  I have initiatives created in a separate project. so my plan has 2 sources: 1) team epics/stories and 2) management initiatives.

all tickets are available in the plan.

when i switch the type filter to initiatives, i see initiatives in both the timeline and listed below the timeline.

when i switch the type filter to epic, i see epics in both the timeline and listed below the timeline.  BUT i also see a few initiatives in the timeline; not all initiatives.  they are not listed below the timeline.

I'm not sure what's wrong here or why this would be the case.  help?

2 answers

2 votes
Cameron Eldridge November 17, 2017

@Thuy Van Watts, your Initiatives will show up on the schedule (timeline) in the *Epic* level of the hierarchy when those Initiatives are *assigned to a release* in the plan and/or have an *estimate* (time or story points) applied to them. Portfolio displays the Initiatives in other levels of the hierarchy because they don't have any child issues (Epics) linked to them -- via the *Parent Link* field, of course.

David Puchosic June 21, 2018

I think we had this occur. The Initiative had an Epic, but not an Epic that was part of the Plan. The Initiative didn't have a Release or Story Pts/Estimate applied.

0 votes
Muhammad Marhoon November 8, 2017

I have a similar issue, but when selecting stories it also shows a few initiatives and epics.

As of yesterday nothing shows on my timeline.

Cameron Eldridge December 15, 2017

@Muhammad Marhoon Please see my response above.

Suggest an answer