My filters not showing up when creating scrum board from an existing Saved Filter

Xuyen Tran April 24, 2014

I created several filters and shared with everyone but when I create a new scrum board from an existing saved filter, I don't see those filters in the filter dropdown list. I only see popular filters in the dropdown list. How do I create a board from my filters?

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Agile and select Getting Started

2. Create a new scrum board

3. On the Create and Agile Board screen, select "Board from an existing Saved Filter" option

4. Click on the filters dropdown list

Results:

The filters dropdown list only show popular filters, it doesn't show the filters that I created and shared with everyone.

7 answers

8 votes
Gustavo Chaves August 9, 2019

I faced the same problem. It seems that there is a limit on the number of filters with the same prefix that Jira can present in order for you to chose one. If you have more than that number of filters sharing the same prefix the last ones do not appear even if you type the filter complete name.

In order to solve the problem I renamed the filter I wasn't finding, changing a letter in the beginning, and after that I was able to find it in the drop down menu.

I could not confirm this with Atlassian, but this is my theory to explain the problem.

Pradeep Macharla August 23, 2019

This is the best answer. After struggling for hours - I landed on this advice and indeed there seems to be a limit on the # of prefixes for the label names.

I changed the name to something uncommon and it showed up without issues.

Thanks !

Gabriel Udvar January 12, 2020

Gustavo's solution worked for me a well.

We even re-indexed over the weekend to try to fix this, thinking that the issue was somewhere else :| 

Thanks Gustavo!

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

I would like to highly recommend Atlassian techs look at this issue, it has been a problem for me (intermittently) since we started using Cloud... and I'm still having this issue even this morning... and it's 2020 (whereas this ticket was originally posted in 2014 according to time-stamps... please fix or identify what reason that filters are not displaying. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

2020/04/24 UPDATE: BUMPED THIS RESPONSE TO A POTENTIAL ANSWER: PLEASE VIEW AND COMMENT ON THAT RESPONSE MOVING FORWARD:
I will add that removing ANY special characters (for me it was hyphens) made it show up, for what it's worth... still not desireable but it gets me through it.

Like # people like this
Jennifer McVicker April 8, 2020

Ah! That may be the problem I'm having - I'm trying to use a filter with hyphens in the name and it won't show up at all. Thanks for the tip @Russell Zera !

Atlassian - this seems like a pretty basic bug fix.

Like Russell Zera likes this
Julia Pinto April 23, 2020

Thank you, @Russell Zera !! That did the trick, special characters kept it from showing up.

Like Russell Zera likes this
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Thanks for the feedback! I'll promote the suggestion as a potential Answer to see if others have it fixed for them as well and want to mark it as an acceptable answer :-) Maybe we can close one of these bad-folks out! :-) 

Thanks for the feedback @Julia Pinto and @Jennifer McVicker !

Jonny Klaas February 1, 2021

@Russell Zera Thank you!! :)

Kitty Lee May 5, 2021

Do you know if there's a bug in their system for this? @Russell Zera
Wondering if we should put in a support ticket. I like to keep my consistency and this bug is bothering the heck out of me since I have to label it something else.

4 votes
Deanna Korth January 16, 2017

Typing the name does not work for me. Does anyone have a different answer?

1 vote
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

PROMOTED MESSAGE from a threaded part below as this might be a solve for many of you (Vote it if it helped!) : 

Removing ANY special characters (for me it was hyphens) made it show up, for what it's worth... still not desireable but it gets me through it.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

What happens when you start typing your filter name? Still not able to see it?

Saitej Namburi December 13, 2017

Hello May i know the anser for the above question?

I too facing this issue unable to see the filter name in the filter dropdown list

0 votes
Anders E. Jensen December 10, 2020

Removing special chars like "-" solves the issue

0 votes
IgKh March 9, 2016

Yeah, typing my filter name just works, thanks

Pauline Bravo May 25, 2020

Thank you, it helped me a lot. 

0 votes
Fergal Downey November 2, 2014

Hi

Did anyone ever provide an answer on this as I am seeing the same issue?

Thanks

Suggest an answer