My custom field is supposed to appear on the "edit issue" screen, but it does not

Melanie Arabsky Ledger September 11, 2015

I have a number of custom fields with this same issue....

I have used (numerous times) the "Configure Fields" button on the issue edit screen to add additional custom and built in fields to appear on the Edit Issue screen. However, this selection does not seem to stick for the custom fields - I frequently (daily? Not sure) access the edit Issue screen only to discover that that the custom fields are not visible. I add them by checking them via the "Configure Fields" button, and all is well - until tomorrow when they are no longer there, and I have to add them again.

Today, I thought I would try "Where's my field" before just re-adding them. An example is the field "Buyer", which is a custom field of type User Picker (single user). Here is the info provided by "Where's my field".

It says the field should be present, which it will be (temporarily) if I tick it...... What am I doing wrong???? Why won't it (and its custom brethren) STAY on this screen?

PS they appear and work just dandy on the main Issue screen, of course only visible if there are content in them, which is why they need to appear on the Edit Issue screen....

• Project: Purchasing

Issue type: Purchase Order

Screen: Edit Issue

Field: Buyer

Status: The 'Buyer' field should be present on the form you are viewing

StatusSummaryDetails

Project and issue type scope

Field 'Buyer' is in scope of the project 'Purchasing' and issue type 'Purchase Order'

Field configuration

The 'Buyer' field is enabled by the 'Default Field Configuration' field configuration associated with this issue.

Field Screen

The field 'Buyer' is present on the screen 'Create or Edit PO Screen' configured for this issue

1 answer

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2015

Hi Melanie,

Why don't you select All in show Fields. This configure is mainly controlled through your profile may be through cookies. So if you change the custom view in some other project and select only few fields then only those fields will appear in previous project. May be this is your issue, can't think of any other reason for fields getting disappear.

image2015-9-12 0:3:18.png

Taha

Suggest an answer