My SLA section on issues does not have the "more actions menu" dots, how can I get them?

Sara Nicholson June 22, 2022

So when I read about recalculating SLAs on a specific issue (once we updated our SLAs) I followed the instructions here :2022-06-22_10h48_33.png

But I do not have the three dots that you click to get the "more" menu. Does anyone know how I can get them? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi,

What is your JIRA version ?

You can update the SLA configuration then revert back in order to force the SLA to be re-calculated from the project admin page, SLA section.

There is also an API call to force it if required.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/missing-or-corrupted-sla-data-in-jira-service-management-828790603.html

Sara Nicholson June 27, 2022

We are on 8.5.1. I want to be able to recalculate the SLA on the ticket as the linked article shows. I don't want to have to do a workaround or recalculate my SLAs etc. There must be a way to have the "more" menu on the ticket.... maybe it is just on the cloud version? 

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

8.5.1 is the version of your JIRA CORE/SOFTWARE. It' s not limited to Cloud only as I have it on the latest version of JSM.

The feature you are looking for has been released in the latest JSM release (5.0).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagement/jira-service-management-5-0-x-release-notes-1142426129.html

If you want this exact feature you will need to upgrade to the latest version but for production environments I recommand to wait a bit before upgrading to a new Major version. I usually avoid to update to X.0.0 .

Like Sara Nicholson likes this
Sara Nicholson June 28, 2022

Thank you @Florian Bonniec that makes sense... we will wait. For now, we have done a complete overhaul of our workflows across our entire organization and all projects so our SLAs are up to date. We are also hoping to move to cloud before the end of the year so I will look for this feature then. Thanks for the help!

Sara

Suggest an answer