My Kanban user stories are not visible in my Agile backlog

Fil Gambatesa June 1, 2021

I have one project that has both a kanban board and an agile board.  We started Agile, tried Kanban and now want to go back to Agile but I don't see the user stories we put on the Kanban backlog in the Agile backlog.  Is there some trick to make them show or do I have to migrate everything to a new project?

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Fil Gambatesa ,

Boards are just placeholder of your issues returned by your filter query. When you say that you don't see them, do you mean that they are not displayed on your Kanban board or your project?

If it is not seen on your Kanban board, I believe that it is related to the configuration issue.

For example, on the board configuration, you may have "Hide completed issues older than" set to 2 weeks. ( In this case, you may need to select "Show All")

If the issues are not seen in the project, then it may be related to permission issue or the issues could have been deleted.

These are open or wip issues.  I am referring to the backlog for each of the boards, in the kanban board backlog there's 30+ issues, but when I look in the Agile board for the project I only see 10 issues.  I tried clearing filters on the Agile board but no luck.

I think I figured out the problem.  Our Kanban board as a different set of status than the Agile board and they were not mapping properly.  Added the statuses and now its all good.  Thanks for the hint on board settings (I am totally new to Jira so I've no idea what I am doing but you got me looking in the right place!)

Like Niranjan likes this

Suggest an answer