My Jira to AD Synchronization Fails

vickey palzor lepcha September 30, 2015

As I try to sync JIRA with AD - it fails with the following error ;

2015-09-30 11:32:13,766 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 ERROR ServiceRunner     [com.atlassian.scheduler.JobRunnerResponse] Unable to synchronise directory

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Trying to rename user 'year-endfindâannée' but no user key is mapped.

015-09-30 11:32:13,766 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 ERROR ServiceRunner     [atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher] Scheduled job with ID 'com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.JiraDirectoryPollerManager.10100' failed

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Trying to rename user 'year-endfindâannée' but no user key is mapped.

Anybody ?

2 answers

0 votes
jose_castro September 30, 2015

Hello Vickey,

Do you have the [user directory|https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-user-directories-229838525.html] setup for read only? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ramiro Castro
Support Engineer
Atlassian

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes in “A Scandal in Bohemia” by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

vickey palzor lepcha October 1, 2015

Hi Jose , It has been configured as READ ONLY - LOCAL GROUPS mode .

vickey palzor lepcha October 2, 2015

Or could it be because of the French Characters in the name ? Year-EndFind’année

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2015

Hey there,

I found the following documentations that can help you with your issue.

It would be nice if you could follow the instructions from these docs to check if indeed is related to your problem:

Cheers,

vickey palzor lepcha September 30, 2015

Ummm Guilherme , I don't think so . It's quite different . The problem was that the name in the AD was renamed by the user ... and the old name in my JIRA is not updating nor logging in .

Suggest an answer