My Jira ticket has a status of Done but a resolution of Unresolved, I see no where to change the resolution?

Amanda Joyal February 10, 2015

Please let me know where i can edit this or change the resolution. 

5 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2015

Remember that if you just add the resolution field to your edit screen, you will break your JIRA as everyone who edits an issue will now resolve it, without changing status.

Resolution setting (and clearing) should be done in the workflow, as Steven mentions.

3 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

Honestly it sounds like you have a workflow issue. Someone might have set up a workflow without giving you the option to resolve the issue.

1 vote
Brendan Lacanette July 28, 2020

We had this same problem. For my company we had a workflow with a couple different transitions going to the Done status. One of these transitions would open up the Resolve Issue Screen, but the other transition (which was a transition from "All") would not. Without the Resolve Issue Screen, users were not being presented with the option to set the issue's Resolution to Done.

Here is how I resolved this issue:

1. Find the workflow in question and click Edit.
  2. Find the transition from All to Done, click on it, click Edit.
  3. Under the drop down list for Screen, select Resolve Issue Screen.
  4. Do steps 2 and 3 for every transition to Done.

I hope this helps!

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2015

Hi Amanda,

On the issue, you can click on Edit button and there you should see Resolution field.
If you don't see it please refer to JIRA Admin Helper.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Amanda Joyal April 1, 2015

Paula,

Thank you that helped solve my problem! 

0 votes
Elijah April 1, 2015

In the administration area under the schemes and workflow schemes select your scheme and click on the workflow. For the transition you want e.g. Close Incident, select it and you have links for Post Functions which you can set the Resolution to a value for all incidents that have the status changed to Closed. Note: you will need to Edit the draft workflow to make the change. And, I'm working in JIRA 4.1 so it may have changed some and here is a link to another post on the same topic. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/90448

Suggest an answer