My Jira status mappings all vanished - why?

Samuel Carnall April 26, 2021

I completed an exercise transitioning issues to new statuses, which were mapped to columns. Next time I logged in the statuses had un-mapped from their assigned columns. It caused a lot of confusion for the teams involved. Any idea why this might have happened?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Samuel Carnall,

A wild but educated guess: transitioning issues to different statuses usually means changing the workflow of your issues. It is those workflow statuses that are mapped to the columns of your scrum or kanban boards. When you changes workflows, the status mappings behind your boards do not update automagically. You have to update the mapping of your board columns to match the statuses of your updated workflows yourself.

Check out the mapping by going into your Board Settings and check the columns tab. Make sure to remove the statuses from the old workflow(s) and map the statuses from the new workflow(s) to the desired columns.

I hope I understood your question correctly and hope this helps! 

Samuel Carnall April 27, 2021

Thanks Walter. I actually had done the re-mapping. That's the bit that apparently undid itself! Thanks though.

Suggest an answer