• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • My JIRA server license is for 500 people. I am trying to integrate it with JIRA Portfolio, which I want only 25 users to access. Can i make a group of these people and assign these to the administrators. In this way I wont have to buy license for all 500

My JIRA server license is for 500 people. I am trying to integrate it with JIRA Portfolio, which I want only 25 users to access. Can i make a group of these people and assign these to the administrators. In this way I wont have to buy license for all 500

akshay gupta February 19, 2017

My JIRA server license is for 500 people. I am trying to integrate it with JIRA Portfolio, which I want only 25 users to access.

Can i make a group of these people and assign these to the administrators. In this way I wont have to buy license for all 500 people. Is my speculation correct? Please reply at the earliest.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2017

Portfolio is an add-on for JIRA.  All add-ons need to be licenced for the largest number of licences you have for any of the three JIRA applications.  So, yes, you need to buy a Portfolio licence for 500 users

Suggest an answer