My JIRA OnDemand instance is giving me the following error message every time I try to create an issue within a single project

Jamie McCarogher December 16, 2013

Error creating issue: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Issue][summary,testing issue][status,1][votes,0][assignee,kevin.smith@selfridges.co.uk][number,118][security,null][resolutiondate,null][type,1][timespent,null][id,12037][reporter,jamie@tankflybosswalk.com][project,10600][environment,null][created,2013-12-17 15:33:33.077][updated,2013-12-17 15:33:33.077][workflowId,12786][description,test ][priority,4][timeestimate,null][duedate,null][timeoriginalestimate,null][watches,0] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO public.jiraissue (ID, pkey, issuenum, PROJECT, REPORTER, ASSIGNEE, issuetype, SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, ENVIRONMENT, PRIORITY, RESOLUTION, issuestatus, CREATED, UPDATED, DUEDATE, RESOLUTIONDATE, VOTES, WATCHES, TIMEORIGINALESTIMATE, TIMEESTIMATE, TIMESPENT, WORKFLOW_ID, SECURITY, FIXFOR, COMPONENT) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "issue_proj_num"))

Everything seemed to be fine until about 20mins ago, can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

Hi Jamie,

We have addressed this problem via a Support request because you are using OnDemand.

If anyone with self-hosted JIRA comes across this problem, you will want to look at the project.pcounter field for the project you cannot create issues in, and make sure it's as high (or higher) than the number of issues in that project.

While not exactly the same issue, the instructions in the following KB article should provide enough details about the problem:

Suggest an answer