Mutliple Workflows in single Project

Andrea Newman January 16, 2013

I have set up two new workflows, to different sections of a project, one which related to a "Project" type and one which related to a "subtask" type.

Can both of these workflow schemes be associated to the same Project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013

I don't think you have followed it through properly then.

You added a new workflow scheme?

You mapped many issue types to many workflows in that scheme?

You changed the scheme on your project from whatever it is now to the new scheme you just added?

I have done everything it said on there, but can still only add one extra workflow including the jira default one. How can I add another one to the 2 I already have.

The only action button options I have are "Edit workflows" and "use a different scheme".

Yeah I have completed all of the tasks above, and now I can select either my first new workflow, or my second new workflow to use with the Project, but it wont allow me to select both workflows, in the same project (so they are both active). Even thou they are associted with different issue types, (one with Poject and one with Subtask)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2013

You do not select "workflows" at a project level, you select the "workflow scheme".

The "workflow scheme" then tells the project which "workflow" to use for which issue type within the project.

I'm making the distinction because it is very important to understand and use the language clearly as your first sentence simply doesn't make any sense as it is. Separate out "workflow" from "workflow scheme" and have another look.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

feel free to accept his answer if it was helpful ;)

Thank you.

I have added both workflows to the same workflow scheme, which has allowed me to have both workflows attached to the same project.

Thanks for all of your help Nic

Suggest an answer